April 02, 2020
Our bread bakers are as versatile as they are beautiful! After using mine to make my favorite meatloaf recipe, I quickly decided that I would never bake it in any other pan again. Baking in Polish pottery makes every dish come out evenly cooked, moist, and infused with flavor!
This Italian meatloaf recipe is easy and delicious! I use ground turkey, but you can absolutely use ground beef instead.
What you'll need:
-1 lb ground turkey -1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 cup & 2 Tbs dry bread crumbs, divided -1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 cup water -1 large egg
-1 tsp dried parsley -1/2 tsp dried basil
-1/2 tsp oregano -1/2 tsp thyme
-1/2 onion, diced -1 jar spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, egg, 1/2 cup water, salt, and garlic powder. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle with parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, and additional 2 Tbs bread crumbs.
4. Add diced onion and mix well.
5. Form mixture into a loaf shape and place in your Polish pottery bread baker.
6. Bake for 1 hour.
7. Remove from oven and top with warmed spaghetti sauce. Adding a cold ingredient to a very hot pan could cause your stoneware to crack.
8. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
9. Remove from oven (make sure to place your hot pottery on a towel or hot pad and not on a cold counter/stove top), and let sit for 5 minutes.
10. Slice and serve on your favorite Polish pottery plates!
After dinner, allow the bread baker to cool before giving it a quick rinse with warm water and throwing it in the dishwasher! Like all Polish pottery, these bakers are dishwasher-safe, so cleanup is a breeze!
We currently have a huge variety of gorgeous bread bakers in stock. Click here to see our entire selection: https://polishpotteryoutlet.com/collections/type-bread-baker.
Have any feedback about this recipe? Do you have any great recipes you love to make in your own Polish pottery? We'd love to hear from you! Sound off in the comments below, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
The Polish Pottery Outlet
1800 W. Oxford Avenue, Suite A
Englewood, Colorado 80110
Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sundays - Closed